Philosophy and Religion
- “Defending Science and Nonbelief,” Bulletin for the Study of Religion 40:4 14-16 (2011).
- "Modern Science and Conservative Islam: An Uneasy Relationship," Science and Education 18:6-7 885-903 (2009). Also published as a chapter in Michael R. Matthews, ed., Science, Worldviews and Education (Dordrecht: Springer, 2009).
- “Religion: Accident or Design?,” in Joseph Bulbulia et al, eds., The Evolution of Religion: Studies, Theories, and Critiques (Santa Margarita: Collins Foundation Press, 2008).
- T. Edis and A.S. Bix, “Biology and ‘Created Nature’: Gender and the Body in Popular Islamic Literature in Modern Turkey and the West,” Arab Studies Journal, 12:2/13:1 140 (2005).
- A.S. Bix and T. Edis, “Museum Review: The Rahmi M. Koç Museum, Istanbul,” Technology and Culture, 45:3 590 (2004).
- “Resolving Goodman’s Paradox: How to Defuse Inductive Skepticism,” abandoned for a while now, I may get back to it.
- “How Gödel’s Theorem Supports the Possibility of Machine Intelligence,” Minds and Machines, 8 251 (1998).
Protected by Akismet
Blog with WordPress